Evidence reviewed as of before 20-05-2021
Author(s): Ogourtsova, T. (PhD OT) & Osman, G. (MSc OT student)
We found one method-comparison study (Longmuir et al., 2015) on a telerehabilitation assessment Web-based vision-screening test (WBT) and Electronic Visual Acuity Tester (EVA).
- Equipment used: PC, ruler (or dollar bill—for calibration), eye-patch (or scotch-tape with tissue paper)
- Platform used: Adobe Flash (software to calibrate size of test optotypes)
- Moderate sensitivity (78.7%) for the WBT
- High specificity (89.4%) for the WBT
- Strong correlation between EVA and WBT (0.89)
- Low error rate (26.1%)
- WBT: certification needed - to be administered by certified persons with 3-5 years of training as Vision Screener.
- EVA: Initial Certification of the EVA. Each PC tester unit must be certified for use. Certification is obtained by performing an initial calibration on the EVA. 3.